I Can't Log Into Nokia's Sports Tracker

A year ago today, I was taking a plane from Chennai to Bangalore and then having a good walk around Bangalore with Mohan.



Over a year ago, I signed up for Nokia's Sports Tracker in preparation for the Urbanista Diaries trip. I created a public account that would feed into the Urbanista Diaries web interface at the nseries.com website and then I used the same account for the Nokia viNe project, as well as all kinds of photo walks %26amp; drives in between Urbanista and Nokia viNe. I also have a private Sports Tracker account, also started a year ago, for tracking my walks around my neighborhood that for privacy's sake I don't want public.



About a month ago or so, when I tried to log into Sports Tracker, I was prompted to either merge my Sports Tracker account with my Nokia account or to create a Nokia account. So, I did. I merged my public Sports Tracker account with my public Nokia account. I also created a new account on Nokia for my private Sports Tracker account.

Much to my chagrin, I can log in to both Nokia's Ovi and Sports Tracker with my private account and I can log into Ovi with my public account but I cannot log into Sports Tracker or Nokia viNe with my public account.

A week ago, I used the feedback form on Sports Tracker to explain the problem and ask for help. I have yet to hear back.

I am frustrated on several accounts:

1) Don't ask me to merge accounts and then not let me be able to log in.



2) No, I am not going to make a new public account, as then I lose a year's worth (a YEAR!) of data, photos, and video that I can't log into and access or edit or delete or add titles to or... Yes, it is still readable and viewable, but if I can't log in %26amp; edit the data, then it is being held hostage on the Nokia servers.



3) Tomorrow I have to send the Nokia viNe project Nokia N82 back to %26lt;a href=%26quot;http://www.womworld.com%26quot;%26gt;WOM World%26lt;/a%26gt; and I have ALL of January's journeys trapped on the N82 mobile because I can't upload them to Sports Tracker or Nokia viNe, which means that I have downloaded the photos to my computer via the cable, but I have not been able to upload the geo-tagged paths/journeys to the server. This frustrates me, as I can take my 4GB micro SD chip out of the Nokia N82 before I ship it back, but when I put it into my old school N95, I still won't be able to upload the journeys/paths to the server, as the server won't recognize my login. This means no Punk Rock Bowling or the rest of January 2009 photos %26amp; videos on Nokia viNe.



4) If I an early adopter and someone who has been using the service for over a year can't log in to my account and can't get anyone to reply to my help request, what happens to all the new customers who Nokia wants to have use the Nokia web services? Nokia, please put a consistent, across all your web services, community support in place to help customers troubleshoot their problems that neither a FAQ nor forum can help.

Has anyone else been frozen out of their Sports Tracker or Nokia viNe accounts after merging the account with their Nokia / Ovi account? If so, please comment and let me know how you solved the problem. Thanks a big bunch!